Monday, July 18, 2011

A Break From Reality



I just spent my weekend at a Roman Catholic college in Ohio called Steubenille. This is the college I want to spend the four years with after I graduate. They have a Catholic youth conference every year, and this has been my third year going.



Every year I have an absolutely INCREDIBLE time. It's such a spiritual experience, and being there with 3,000 other teens who believe the same thing I do is just amazing. This year I also brought my cousins for the first time, which was a blast. I didn't think they would enjoy themselves, and they ended up having more fun than anyone there :)



For me, the greatest part of the entire weekend would have to be the adoration on Saturday night. For anyone who doesn't know what adoration is, it's been we have the bread that we believe to be Jesus out there on the altar to pray to, and at one point the priest carries him around so we can all see him. They also play a lot of music during this time, so I pretty much sang the whole time. Now usually this adoration is a very emotional experience for me. I usually end up crying for about four straight hours during it. This year I didn't really have that.. At one point I asked God to let me cry, because I actually really like the cleansing feeling I get after for crying for so long. When I prayed for this, all of a sudden, I got this sense of peace, and I heard this voice in my head saying,




"Kristen, you've cried too much in the past two months. You have suffered so much, and it hurts me to see you cry."



It was SO cool. After I heard that, I became more happy than I've ever been in my entire life. I even started to laugh.. It was extremely strange, but it really showed me how cool a spiritual experience can be.




For you guys who think I'm absolutely insane, I understand. I used to think this stuff was pretty weird too :P But if you have never experienced it, don't judge me. You just have to see it for yourselves.




Krose.

No comments: