Saturday, October 1, 2011

Picking Up the Pieces



Sometimes, when upset the best thing to do is fill life with distractions.

I feel like that's all my life has been lately.

SAT's, applying to colleges, AP classes, show choir, therapy, artwork, singing, taking walks...

I'm so used to having you fill up my life I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

But I'm getting there.

Slowly, I've been filling up this empty hole in my heart that was you with hard work, imagination, prayer, and the people I love who wouldn't ever leave me. In my mind I feel like every time I accomplish something without you I'm picking up a small piece of my heart that you took a baseball bat to this summer.

Maybe it's true.. I really don't need you like I thought I did.

Yes, I miss you.

Yes, I love you more than I ever thought possible.

But that's not enough.

You didn't stay with me like you promised to so many times, you left, when things got tough.

That's life :)

I'm not perfect, but I will be a better person now than I ever was with you.

So thank you for the lessons you taught me the past few years.

I won't ever make a mistake like that again.

Love,

Krose.

No comments: